Friday, August 29, 2008

Why so Serious?

mirriam defensor santiago








I know how you people find your Fridays. You see it as the time to finally cap off a week of hard works. It is the day that the Lord has made for your gimmick entourage. I know, you will always say “Thank God it’s Friday.” But forgive me if ill spoil this day for you. For I still work during Saturdays, I have to mess up with your TGIF! Nah, just playing here. Well, I have encountered some very disturbing news last night. I can’t help but blabber them out here and just let my mind flow with rants and rants and yes, more rants.

Let’s start with the fact that “BER” months are fast approaching. We all know how we consider this season so special. It’s that season of the year when the climate starts to be a little colder and the daytime starts to be a little shorter. And yes, we are all looking forward to that Christmas celebration again. Christmas as I have mentioned a gazillion times in this blog, is my favorite holiday. I would really rally it all out just to make sure I and my family will have a great Christmas season. But, hey there goes this “Engk!” moment. The government is predicting a “money-less” Christmas described by a not so glorious celebration. The blame is directed to poor economy caused by the great delay in producing the 2008 budget. The release took place May, so many government projects were delayed.

Oh no Im not done yet. Heard about House Bill 3655? If not, well let me fill you in. This bill will basically make way for political parties mount their campaigns with the use of public funds. Yes, you got it right! Tax payers will BURDEN the funds of some people who hope to be granted a seat in the government. Heard about the “corruption” school of thought? Well, this is the blunt face of it.

Just to add toppings to this bad news, many people left us these past few days; Zorayda, the well known comedienne with that “famous face”. Ely Buendia’s mom also passed away and Senator Mirriam Defensor’s mother left her too. To all these souls, my prayers are with you. Why should I mention these? I can’t find any good way to end this set of bad news, so please take this as an acceptable ending.



5 comments:

pusangkalye said...

Bad news indeed. I also love CHRISTMAS so please leave Christmas alone. The hell if I want to drain my bank account just to have a good christmas celebration.......

And the National Budget kinda thing, bad, bad, bad. Those lawmakers a pain in the ass. 99.99% of the time, they don't know what we are doing.

And the PUBLIC fund for campaigns? WTF!!!!Just work for a dual party system. That would be better.......

Sorry Denis.....was not able to hold my emotions.kkk

Anonymous said...

I also thought of the BER months just last night, went home at 11pm feeling very chilled.

and oh, I've got to look into that house bill you mentioned.

lucas said...

crap. kamusta naman yung bill na yun?! the public paying for their crappy campaigns? hala! ibig sbihin yung ibabayad kong tax mapupunta sa mga napakakorning mga jingles?! that's un acceptable...

grabe. kung kelan kailangan ang budget ysaka pa nagkaron ng mga beryang ganyan. hays...

i remember sorayda. bless her soul.

wala ka naman palang bad news eh.haha

Anonymous said...

like what i have told you.. "YOU RUINED MY DAY!!!" i'm also looking forward for christmas..hope it will go well with all of us.. let's not be pessimistic about it and hope for the better..

Anonymous said...

hmm.. BER.. wasn't i the first one who greeted you merry christmas denis? hahaha..

uhm.. i love fridays, even if i have work on saturdays, less stress naman na and halos wala na ginagawa.. whole day lang ako magonline - multiply, friendster, YM, elclaves.blogspot (naks), etc.. hahaha..

saturdays are gimik days for me na.. so ayun..