Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Face Off

Before anything else, I had a sit down talk with Webster to extract a credible definition of Competition.

Competition : n.
The act of seeking, or endeavoring to gain, what another is endeavoring to gain at the same time; common strife for the same objects; strife for superiority; emulous contest; rivalry, as for approbation, for a prize, or as where two or more persons are engaged in the same business and each seeking patronage; - followed by for before the object sought, and with before the person or thing competed with.

Right after writing in down on my palm, he slapped me on the face then told me to jump off my bed because it is after all another week to get started with. Man, did I just have a dream about some stiff competition running around the society today? Mind you, it was large in scope for I even had a dream about the hot issues of presidential race in US. =)

Having this dream made me ink my hands up again and write about some of the most interesting rivalries currently grilling in our hotpots.
Now, if you are ready then I am more ready than you. Place on your bets and let’s get started to gamble, I mean ramble.
Throwing the first blood, it’s Barack Obama (for the Democrats) Vs. John McCain (Republicans).

Barack Obama Vs. John McCain Will America go for the conventions? Or will they go for some rocking principles?
Then lets go a little easy with David Vs. David.

David ArchuletaIt has been said that David Cook will be releasing his very first album this November 18 with album title strictly confidential. Now, David Archuleta’s party is cooking motives to do Archie’s album launch same day as Cook’s. The Man Diva against the Rocker saga continues.

Now, lets go back to the hardcore with Sen. Manny Villar (Philippine Senate President) Vs. Sen. Panfilo Lacson. Manny Villar With the C5 road extension issues, Who has the better fashion sense? I mean who’s carrying the real advocacy for the nation? And who’s on it for the thrills of limelight?

And, now for my favorite rivalry- Ateneo Blue Eagles Vs. De la Salle Green Archers for the UAAP championship. UAAP 2008Being the rivals who bring in record breaking number of crowds in every game they will star in, the most historic university rivals are out to prove who has the most wealth, I mean who has the glory of a real basketball champion. I heard the tickets for the first game were sold out within 3 hours. This will be a best of 3 game by the way.
And finally, the alarming rivalry of our ever injured Peso Vs. Dollar. Peso-Dollar devaluationMajor companies dictating the passage of International economy are undergoing great financial glitches. My father is sending dollar remittances, but there are no reasons for me to party about the dollar strength, really there isn’t.
Rivalry is good, for as long as it won’t be personal. It brings out the best, but it shouldn’t bring out the demons. Much said, time to end this and shout at the bastards drilling the pavements outside- its irritatingly noisy!

3 comments:

lucas said...

i'm rooting for the Big O... and i like David Archuleta compared to Cook. Parang nasasawa nako sa rock eh... hehehe!

Anonymous said...

obama...

cook...

la salle...

villar...

currency? haha... wag nalang kahit ano pwede na basta pera... haha...

Anonymous said...

Ateneo...

i'm still undecided for the rest.. hehe

again,, congratulations to the Ateneo Blue Eagles for winning this season..

for me,, competition is healthy.. it will prove who really is the best.. hehehe