Wednesday, May 21, 2008

P U P and P R O U D








Time went so fast. It’s been a year since I graduated from college and here I am now living the dream of actually having writing as a job. I can’t help but reminisce the time when I have to look for a job. I gave my self a month of rest then went straight to job hunting. Like what most kiddos of my generation will do, I had the aid of the World Wide Web to scatter my CV around the digital domains of prospective employers. Again, I will always be thankful to my college friend Mary for giving me the idea of entering Alchemy. Lots of my friends also went into this stage of job hunting and I heard lots of stories of discrimination. It has been a prevalent knowledge that some companies really discriminate according to schools and education. I don’t have any problem with companies discriminating according to academic preparations but stereotyping applicants because of the image their schools are known for is something that I can’t swallow. I once had this interview in a known company wherein I was asked if I was an activist back in college. I graduated from Polytechnic University of the Philippines which is so known for activist students. Well, it never grew in my mind to join any form of activism during college. During that interview, I answered with all conviction that not all PUP students are activist and that activism may be existing in the university but I strongly believe that its all for good cause. I never had a big time chance to pay tribute to my Alma Mater. Now that I have this online blog with some active readers, let me do my tribute for once. PUP is the university that made me realized the real scenario around our nation. It made me realized that finishing college is not for the sake of getting a job only. Graduating from school gives us the stability and concrete preparation in exploring our real reason for living. (Whoa! Deep) Ask if I have already discovered my reason? Well, not yet... .(Maybe soon. )
Some schools may claim to green or blue. Some may claim to own all the geniuses. Some may claim to produce world leaders. Some may claim to win all university leagues and basketball and some may claim to be the richest; but I can proudly say that I graduated from a school that sees reality of life beyond profit and money-making machine of so-called academic units.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should say, "well said." :)

Kris Canimo said...

Some schools may claim to green or blue. Some may claim to own all the geniuses. Some may claim to produce world leaders. Some may claim to win all university leagues and basketball and some may claim to be the richest; but I can proudly say that I graduated from a school that sees reality of life beyond profit and money-making machine of so-called academic units.

powerful conclusion. anong course po ninyo sa pup?

Kris Canimo said...

ay hindi po, pero marami akong friends diyan sa pup. first year journalism po ako sa ue. :D

CaleB said...

Dropby lang.. nice post.. pup newly grad here.. adver and pr din po.. hehe.. yeah, rest muna sandali before job hunt.. can i ask kung ano po section nyo?? hihi..

CaleB said...

yah.. i remember na.. uu nga hawig kayo.. hehe.. thanx..