Tuesday, February 12, 2008

the Jumper


I am really fascinated with fiction flicks. They have this genre of giving hope to that child in all of us in our fantasy of owning our own super powers. I am actually a great follower of TV series that entails powers and extra-ordinary abilities like Heroes, Charmed and yeah, even Sabrina the teenage Witch.=) A bunch of gratitude I pay to the advancement of Special Effects technology, these fantasy visuals are now made even better. You know, digital effects now seem to be more realistic and organic. My own favorite super power is teleportation and flight. The reason why I am so happy when Monster radio gave me tickets to the Monster Movie Premier Of "JUMPER". The story revolves around species who possess the gift of teleportation. To better articulate the plot, here's the movie gist that I copied from my premier ticket.


Jumper
From the Director of
The Bourne Identity and Mr. & Mrs. Smith















David Rice always believed he was perfectly ordinary--- until he accidentally discovered he possessed a "talent" that is nothing less than extraordinary. David is a "JUMPER" who can teleport himself to the streets of New York and Tokyo, the ruins of Rome, and the summit of Mt Everest. He can see twenty sunsets in one night, whisk his girlfriend around the world in the blink of an eye, and grab millions of dollars in a matter of minutes. But David's global odyssey takes a deadly turn when he finds himself relentlessly pursued by a secret organization sworn to kill Jumpers. Forming an uneasy alliance with another Jumper, David becomes a key player in a war that has been raging for thousands of years. As these world-changing events unfold, David begins to discover the secrets and mythology behind his incridible ability.



Now, tell me if this plot is exciting or what?


The premier is bound to happen tonight @ Glorietta Mall and I am soooo excited.


Now, this will start me making movie reviews. Hmmmm.. we'll see about that.


0 comments: