Friday, April 11, 2008

20 bucks of doubt


I went home a little late last night and I took the Cubao route to make the travel a little faster. Around the Araneta area, I stumbled upon this middle-aged woman with her daughter; both of them were looking tired and way past the agony of hunger and stress. To my surprise, the woman approached me and asked for some money for them to get back home. The little girl added that I should notice their slippers which are all overused and damaged. It sounds like a sales pitch that the two are so well-practiced at spieling I thought. Anyhow, I asked the woman for the amount that they need. She told me that any amount will be appreciated. I handed her twenty bucks and told her to take a little caution in the area. The woman paid their gratitude and then I moved along and run for my bus ride. I have this strange feeling that they could be doing that “drama” just to earn easy money, but what harm will it cost me give a little money if I can help them with any predicament that is dragging them down.
It got me thinking, God forbid but what if I was placed on their situation wherein I have an empty wallet, will I have the courage to ask money from strangers?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello po. I made some major changes to my blog, so I had to clear out my blogroll. Your link might be absent for at most 72 hours. Sorry po for the inconvenience; I'll try to get things up and running again ASAP.

Anonymous said...

what a great heart you have my bro! i admire you for that.

if they just made a drama..to get your attention, wel its not your problem...its not your fault but theirs.

escape said...

in my case i usually give bread or food instead of money but sometimes they also need cash. good job! nice heart.

Denis said...

naku guys, i really have a weak heart kapag mga needy people na pag-uusapan lalo na yung mga abused. hay, how can such thing exist diba?

KRIS JASPER said...

you'll be blessed..