Tuesday, April 29, 2008

iblog4 Summit 2008

Hellos back everyone!



As promised, here now is the full-throttle post for the iblog 4 summit recently held at Malcolm Hall, College of Law Building in Up Diliman. Again, you can recall me saying that it is my first time to be on a blogging summit and meet my “kapawa blogeristas” in flesh (as in moving and beating flesh). I would have to say that the event went really good because of the high profile attendance and generous sponsors. Just like what I expected, I learned a lot of blogging insights in the summit. One topic that really stood out among others is the issue of Copyright and libel. Atty. JJ Disini (one of the spearheads) delivered the topic in a very intelligent way couple with witty humor. I learned the principle of Fair use which practically guides internet publishers to always pay high respect for original makers of every element found in the web. I was alaso thrilled in knowing that Mindanao bloggers are uber sikat in their place. These Mindanao bloggers are like credible journalists already as they go for real aspirations for Mindanao that goes beyond the tangible products of traditional media. Meeting bloggers is also quite a thrill. Di pala sila mga web puppets lang or scene stealers. I learned that blogging shall be written in a way that it will affect readers and contribute some effects to the society. SEO is good but we need values; just like the advocacy of Ms. Noemi Dado in reshaping the Filipina image in the World Wide Web. I am one in this fight too!

I am hoping to attend the next iblog summit and join the movement of creating 2010 elections blog saga. I agree to the idea of bloggers being on the topmost state of vigilance during the election because we all know how powerful writing and new media are nowadays.




















6 comments:

escape said...

yan nakasama mo rin ang sikat na manok. hehehe...

Janette Toral said...

Thank you for making time to be part of iBlog4. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Cheers!

Denis said...

tama sir dong!

ms. janette- thanks din po for the nice accomodation. till next tym!

rmacapobre said...

aileen! sikat ka na talaga!! naa sad ka diri .. ^_^

Anonymous said...

i hope i can meet those famous bloggers too.congratz for a suceesful summit.

Makoy said...

bat wala pic ko dito?