Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Maam! Sir!






Last Sunday, I had this opportunity to finally help my nanay to the groceries. It’s been quite a while since I helped her doing the household chores. Oh well, I have been a little too lazy this past months. Inside the supermarket, I can’t help but notice people in the booths shouting their lungs out just to get the attention of people to watch their little demos. Some sections have sales person standing by their products to personally talk to consumers and explain their product’s worth. I know you have seen these people too. Now, nod if you agree. They are most of the time good looking. They wear this super cakey face powder and hot hot red red lipsticks. They can sometimes carry native accents in their language but they always have that powerful pitch to convince you.

This kind of strategy is actually good because there is a face-to-face conversation between the product and the end-users. By doing this, consumers will have the chance to know the real worth of the product. But, as I have observed it, not so many people pay attention to these kinds of marketing. Many people will just shy away and will even be annoyed to see sales people creeping on their sides. Nonetheless, I commend these people who do this kind of job because it simply shows their will to earn out of a decent way. Another thing that I observed is that people really patronize those booths with free taste or free samples, which simply explains why buy 1 take 1 promos is such a hit here in our country.

2 comments:

Abou said...

gusto ko din mga booth na yan, lalo na kapag me freebies! ha ha

escape said...

i know someone who really enjoys these booths. like he's gonna go back again and again for those freebies. hehehe...